Dermaplaning is one of the least invasive skin rejuvenation techniques available. This is a simple, in-office treatment wherein a specialized scalpel is used to gently scrape away dead skin cells and debris from the skin’s outermost layers. This treatment provides gentle exfoliation of the uppermost layers of the skin, paving the way for smoother, softer skin underneath. Since this treatment doesn’t involve using chemicals, external products, or needles, it’s also suitable for patients with sensitive skin or pregnant women.
What is Dermaplaning?
- Tired looking-skin
- Dark and dull skin complexion
- Peach fuzz on the skin
- Fine lines on the skin
How it Works
Dermaplaning is one of the simplest skin rejuvenation treatments available. The physician or cosmetic provider uses a specialized 10-gauge scalpel to scrape away the dead skin cells and debris from the uppermost layers of the skin. The scalpel is moved at a gentle, 45-degree angle to scrape away the peach fuzz and dead skin without breaking the skin tissues. This treatment opens up the pores of the skin, making you look brighter and more radiant. Furthermore, it also increases your skin’s receptivity to makeup or cosmetic products.
Benefits of Dermaplaning:
- Non-invasive treatment — no incisions, needles, or scars
- No pain or discomfort during or after the treatment
- No risk of side effects or complications
- No downtime or recovery period
- Revitalizes your skin by opening up the pores
- Enhances your skin’s receptivity to makeup and products
- Suitable for pregnant women and patients with sensitive skin
- Removes blemishes and imperfections from the skin’s surface
- Reduce the risk of acne breakouts caused by clogged pores
- Pave the way for smoother, softer, and healthier skin
- Ideal skin rejuvenation treatment before a photoshoot
- Improve overall confidence
Why Buffalo Aesthetics?
Buffalo Aesthetics is a luxurious, non-invasive cosmetic medical spa specializing in a wide range of skin rejuvenation treatments. We offer dermaplaning to patients seeking immediate results without any side effects or downtime. Our cosmetic providers will discuss your goals and examine your facial skin to recommend the ideal treatments just for you. Please schedule an appointment to explore your skin treatment options in the Buffalo area.