PDO thread lift is a non-surgical alternative to the traditional facelift.During our PDO thread lift , unique surgical threads are woven into your facial skin to lift the sagging skin tissues, thus restoring your skin’s voluminous, youthful, v-shaped look. Furthermore, this treatment also encourages natural collagen production to reverse the signs of aging, ensuring safe, natural, and long-lasting results.
What is PDO Thread Lift?
PDO Thread Lift Corrects:
- Horizontal forehead lines and wrinkles
- Nasolabial folds around the nose
- Marionette lines around the mouth
- Age-related loss of volume on the cheeks
- Under-eye hollows and deep tear troughs
- Fine lines around the eyes, aka crow’s feet
- Skin laxity and sagging skin on the face and neck
- Loss of definition from the jawline
- Prominent visibility of jowls
- Lower face heaviness because of facial sagging
- Smoker’s lines around the lips
- Loss of volume and fullness from the lips
- Sagging skin on the neck and chin
- Double chin, also known as submental fullness
- Sagging skin on other areas, such as the cleavage, stomach, and thighs
PDO for Non-Surgical Face Lift/ Neck Lift
PDO (polydioxanone) is a biodegradable and biocompatible material generally used for surgical sutures. This material has the brilliant capability to encourage the production of collagen, a fibrous protein that makes your skin look firm, taut, and youthful. The presence of collagen within your skin makes it look youthful and voluminous, and the gradual loss of collagen because of aging leads to facial sagging, skin laxity, and heaviness in the lower face.
A PDO thread lift in Buffalo has two-fold purposes. First, the PDO threads are carefully woven underneath the face to give your facial skin an instant lift, making it look fuller, smoother, and more voluminous. Second, the PDO threads encourage natural collagen production, making your body produce the fibrous proteins that make your skin look firm and taut. Over time, the PDO threads will get metabolized by the body, but the collagen fibers will remain.
Benefits of PDO Thread Lift:
- Non-surgical facelift and neck lift
- Minimal side effects and negligible risk of complications
- Catalyze natural collagen production
- Restore youthful V-shape to the face
- Fill out fine lines and wrinkles
- Immediate results that improve over several months
- Long-lasting and completely natural results
- Minimal post-treatment recovery period
Your PDO Thread Lift Journey
The PDO thread lift is a simple, in-office, non-surgical treatment that concludes within 30 minutes. Your cosmetic provider will cleanse your facial skin and apply lidocaine numbing gel to ensure comfort. Using a fine, blunt-tipped cannula, the physician will insert the PDO threads underneath your facial skin to lift your skin tissues. The number of threads will depend on your unique goals.
Your PDO thread lift in Buffalo doesn’t involve an extended recovery period or downtime. You should avoid strenuous workouts and activities for a day or two, so this treatment should ideally be scheduled during a weekend. You may experience mild redness, swelling, bruising, irritation, and discomfort around the treatment areas, but these side effects should dissipate within two weeks.
PDO thread lift produces instant results — your skin will look fuller and more voluminous at the end of the treatment. However, the PDO threads will be gradually metabolized and replaced by collagen fibers. The final results should last for up to 3 years.
Candidates for PDO Thread Lift:
- Have mild to moderate signs of aging and facial sagging
- Want to reverse the signs of aging without surgery
- Aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Have realistic expectations from the procedure
Our cosmetic providers and physicians will carefully examine your facial skin, discuss your goals, and review your medical history. We generally recommend the PDO thread lift for patients in their 30s who want to reverse the emerging signs of aging. We will determine if you’re the ideal candidate for PDO thread lift after a thorough consultation. If not, we may redirect you to other treatments, such as dermal fillers that may address your needs better.
Why Buffalo Aesthetics?
Buffalo Aesthetics is a luxurious medical spa specializing in non-surgical and non-invasive cosmetic treatments. Our cosmetic providers and physicians curate personalized treatment plans according to your unique needs and goals to ensure optimal results without harsh side effects or complications. We also believe in complete transparency, and our physicians will walk you through all of your options during the consultation. Please schedule an appointment to explore your options for PDO thread lift in Buffalo.