A liquid facelift is a highly personalized cosmetic treatment that involves using a combination of neuromodulators (Botox and Dysport) and facial fillers (Juvéderm, Restylane, Sculptra, and Bellafill) to address your goals. Each neurotoxin injection or filler serves different goals, such as cheek augmentation, chin enhancement, lip augmentation, wrinkle relaxation, volume restoration, and more. Depending on your unique goals and concerns, the cosmetic provider curates a personalized liquid facelift plan consisting of the ideal injectables. This treatment simultaneously reverses the signs of aging and elevates your facial contours.
What is Liquid Facelift?
Liquid Facelift Corrects:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Bunny lines around the nose bridge
- Nasolabial folds around the nose
- Marionette lines around the mouth
- Perioral lines or smoker’s lines around the lips
- Chin creases, also known as a cobblestone chin
- Loss of volume from the temples, cheeks, and under-eyes
- Hollow or gaunt cheeks without volume
- Dark circles or deep tear troughs under the eyes
- Facial asymmetries or contour problems on the nose
- Lips lacking in fullness and volume
- Age-related thinning of the lips
- Weakened chin or jawline lacking in definition
- Sagging jawline and prominent jowls
Your Liquid Facelift Options
The liquid facelift is an incredibly customized and personalized treatment. We use a wide range of neuromodulators and facial fillers to address your cosmetic goals, selecting the ideal injectables for your specific needs. Below, we provide an overview of your liquid facelift options and how they work.
Neuromodulators, such as Botox and Dysport, are made of botulinum toxin, a special protein that softens the appearance of facial wrinkles. Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxin protein that blocks communication between nerve endings and the facial muscles responsible for the formation of your expression lines. As such, when injected carefully into the overworked muscles, it temporarily relaxes the unwanted dynamic wrinkles, making your skin look smooth.
Facial fillers can be further subdivided into hyaluronic acid-based fillers (Juvéderm and Restylane) and collagen-inducing fillers (Sculptra and Bellafill). Hyaluronic acid and collagen are the primary ingredients responsible for your skin’s smooth, youthful, and firm texture, but they’re gradually lost because of aging. HA fillers directly restore your skin’s hyaluronic acid reserves, whereas collagen-inducing fillers stimulate natural collagen production within your body, thus reversing the signs of aging.
Benefits of Liquid Facelift:
- Non-surgical treatment — no incisions or scars
- Performed under topical anesthesia, ensuring optimal comfort
- No harsh side effects or complications
- Customized according to each individual’s unique needs
- Addresses the specific root causes of facial aging
- Improves overall facial appearance
- Concludes within 30 minutes with no downtime
- Naturalized results that align with your expectations
Your Liquid Facelift Journey
The cosmetic provider will examine your facial skin and discuss your goals to select the ideal combination of neuromodulators and facial fillers for you. Your facial skin is numbed, and the treatment areas are carefully marked. The chosen cosmetic injectables will be delivered into the targeted facial regions using ultrafine needles — the units of each product and the number of injections depend on your unique goals.
A liquid facelift doesn’t involve downtime. You may experience redness, swelling, itching, irritation, and bruising around the treatment sites for a few days, but you can resume most of your daily activities and work immediately. You should, however, avoid strenuous workouts for a day or two after the procedure.
Some of the results will appear immediately, whereas others will gradually appear over two weeks. That’s because dermal fillers, especially HA-based fillers, produce instant results, whereas neuromodulator results will gradually appear over two weeks. Furthermore, if collagen fillers are used, you may continue seeing improvements for several months. The final results last for several months, depending on the chosen products and treatment areas.
Candidates for Liquid Facelift:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Want to reverse signs of aging, such as wrinkles and loss of volume
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Have realistic expectations from the treatment
- Don’t have allergic reactions to lidocaine or hyaluronic acid
- Don’t have underlying medical conditions that preclude injectable treatments
Our cosmetic providers will carefully examine your facial skin, discuss your goals, review your medical history, and determine if you’re a suitable candidate for the liquid facelift. Most patients qualify as suitable candidates for this treatment because it can be customized according to their specific needs. However, if you’re not a viable candidate, we may redirect you to other cosmetic treatments that may better serve your needs. Please contact our medical providers to explore your liquid facelift options.
Why Buffalo Aesthetics?
Buffalo Aesthetics is a luxurious medical spa dedicated to cutting-edge, non-invasive cosmetic treatments. Our physicians and licensed injectors love offering the liquid facelift treatment because it provides similar results as a facelift but without surgeries, incisions, or downtime. Our cosmetic providers examine your facial skin, discuss your goals, review your medical history, and curate the ideal liquid facelift plan to address your specific concerns, ensuring optimal results. Please schedule an appointment to explore your liquid facelift treatment options in the Buffalo area.