Dysport is one of the world’s leading neuromodulators. It was FDA-approved for the treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows in 2009, following which it has become a popular alternative to Botox. While Dysport is FDA-approved for the correction of unwanted frown lines, it’s also used to correct expression lines on other parts of the face, such as forehead lines and crow’s feet. The results gradually appear over several days and last for up to 4 months. Contact us to schedule your consultation for Dysport in Buffalo.
What is Dysport?
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Bunny lines around the nose bridge
- Perioral lines around the mouth
- Chin creases (cobblestone chin)
- Other facial wrinkles and lines
How it Works
Dysport (abobotulinumtoxinA) is a neuromodulator made of botulinum toxin, a neurotoxin protein that blocks communications between specific nerve endings and facial muscles. Dynamic wrinkles appear because of the overuse of facial muscles to produce certain expressions, such as frowning and smiling. When you come for your treatment of Dysport in Buffalo, it will be carefully injected into the facial muscles responsible for your dynamic wrinkles, making them relax temporarily. Once the muscles are temporarily paralyzed, the associated wrinkles smoothen away from the skin.
Benefits of Dysport:
- Non-surgical treatment — no scarring or incisions
- Performed under topical anesthesia or numbing cream
- No harsh side effects — only minimal swelling and bruising
- Concludes within 20 minutes with no downtime
- Resume most of your daily activities immediately
- Addresses the root cause of dynamic wrinkles
- Smoothes skin and reverses the signs of aging
- Natural-looking results that last up to 4 months
Candidates for Dysport:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have realistic expectations from the treatment
- Want to reverse unwanted facial wrinkles and creases
- Are in good physical and mental health
- Don’t have underlying medical conditions that preclude Dysport treatment
Our cosmetic injectors and physicians will carefully review your medical history, discuss your goals, and examine your facial skin during your consultation. After a thorough evaluation, we will determine if you’re a suitable candidate for Dysport treatments. If not, we may also recommend other treatments that might be better suited to your needs.
Why Buffalo Aesthetics?
Buffalo Aesthetics is a luxurious cosmetic medical spa specializing in non-invasive, injectable treatments. Our physician-led medical spa has licensed injectors who combine their knowledge of aesthetic medicine with artistic instincts, helping you achieve subtle, natural-looking results in alignment with your expectations. Each individual’s treatment plan is customized after a thorough evaluation and consultation, ensuring unique results. Please schedule an appointment to explore your treatment options for Dysport in Buffalo.