What Is Involved in the Process of Aging?
Aging is a three dimensional process that affects all layers of the face including:
- Soft tissue
- Fat pads
This process typically begins between the ages of 20 to 50, and involves breakdown of bone, repositioning of fat pads, changes in muscle tone, and thinning of the skin. At Buffalo Aesthetics, we have several treatment options that can work to prevent, slow, and reverse signs of aging.
- Neurotoxins work to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face.
- When injected into facial muscles, Botox/Dysport temporarily relax muscles to prevent them from forming wrinkles.
- Longevity: 3-6 months before the body breaks down the toxin.
- With consistent treatments, permanent wrinkles will continue to soften.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Dermal Fillers
- Dermal fillers are popular for reducing wrinkles, fine lines, and volume loss.They work by injecting a gel-like substance to ‘PLUMP’ different areas of the face by pulling water along with regenerating skin properties. Each Filler has its own specific use and properties.
- Dermal fillers can be used to treat a wide range of cosmetic concerns across different areas of the face:
- Upper Face: Temples
- Midface: Nose, Cheeks, V-shaping Cheeks, Nasio-labial Folds, Tear troughs.
- Lower Face: Lips, Marionette Lines, Chin Augmentation, Jawline Shaping.
Skin Resurfacing: Hydrafacial, Dermaplane, Microneedling, Nanofrational, Morpheus8
- As we age, our skin can begin to show signs of wear and tear, such as wrinkles, fine lines, volume loss, and age spots
- Skin resurfacing is a cosmetic treatment that can help to improve the appearance of the skin and reduce these signs of aging and improve skin structure.
- Skin resurfacing stimulates collagen production in the skin.
- What is Collagen? It is a protein that helps maintain the skin’s elasticity (snap back) and firmness.
- Collagen loss leads to sagging skin and wrinkles.
- Skin resurfacing techniques such as microneedling, nanofractional laser, and Morpheus8 can help to stimulate collagen production.
- Skin resurfacing can also be effective for reducing the appearance of sun damage, age spots, and other skin discolorations by breaking up these areas of hyperpigmentation and promoting the growth of new, healthy skin cells.
- Skin resurfacing can be customized for all skin types and ethnicities.
Fat Pad Redistribution
- As we age, it is important to maintain our facial fat in cosmetically appropriate areas on the face.
- In the aging process we have a redistribution, collection, and breakdown of fat, leading to facial volume loss as depicted in the image below in time.
Skincare: Environ Skincare Product line
Skincare management is an easy and cost effective strategy to apply simple daily treatments for your face. These treatments will reduce fine lines, reduce pigment, build collagen and hydration, and maintain youthful appearing skin.
- Wash: Cleans the skin from day to day dirt, and clean pores.
- Toner: Hydrates skin for proper absorption of peptides, and vitamins.
- Vitamin A/Retinoids: help reduce pigment, acne, pore sizes, and build youthful skin structure
- Moisturize: help maintain and lock in hydration for youthful appearing skin.
- SPF: designed to protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB sun rays then age our face.
Contact Us Today
At Buffalo Aesthetics we provide a customized medical consult. We integrate several treatment options that fit your budget to help you along your medical rejuvenative journey. If you are considering any of the above treatments or would like more information, we recommend booking a consultation with one of our experts at Buffalo Aesthetics.