Botox/Dysport is considered the gold standard for the treatment and prevention of wrinkles. It can last anywhere between 2-6 months, with 3-4 months being most common depending on the individual. For optimal results, regular treatments are recommended, which means coming in for treatment before you have full range of motion and wrinkles back.
It can be frustrating when our favorite wrinkle treatments are not seeming to last for you. Here are the top 5 reasons your Botox/Dysport treatments may not be lasting as long:
- Your Activity Level – People who do cardio exercise more than 5 times a week may notice that Dysport wears off more quickly. Do to your body breaking down the product quicker.
- Your Personal Metabolism – Your unique body chemistry will process Dysport on its own time frame – for most people, the effect lasts 3-4 months.
- Certain Medications – If you are someone who is on any type of stimulant medications such as Adderall/Ritalin for ADD & ADHD (or even for Narcolepsy), or if you are on a stimulant weight-loss medication such as Phentermine, then it is not at all uncommon for your neuromodulator to wear off quicker. These types of medications are stimulants (cigarettes are as well), and stimulants speed up everything in the body and will cause your body to burn through neurotoxin quicker.
- Not Keeping Up with Regular Appointments – The more frequently you have Dysport injections, the longer the effect will last between visits. Some doctors have reported repeat clients who can go up to a year between injections.
- Not Receiving Appropriate Dose – We alway suggest to come back for a follow up to make sure that everything has settled in the correct way and you are satisfied with your results.
- Resistance to Neurotoxin – Some people are, for whatever reason, simply unresponsive to a specific neurotoxin brand. Another option from Dysport is Botox, another neuromodulator and works through the same mechanism of action. However, they have a slightly different molecular structure so some people respond better to one versus the other.
At Buffalo Aesthetics we provide a customized medical consult. We integrate several treatment options that fit your budget to help you along your medical rejuvenative journey. If you are considering any of the above treatments or would like more information, we recommend booking a consultation with one of our experts at Buffalo Aesthetics. Please reach out to us via text 716.422.7727 or call 716.428.3998.