Preparation, Expectations, and Post-Care for Morpheus8 Treatment:
- Avoid blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, mobic, aleve, etc at least 1 week before your Morpheus8 treatment if medical condition allows.
- Discontinue topical products containing Tretinoin, Retinols, Retinoids, Salicylic acid, Glycolic acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Vitamin C , and any other skin irritants/exfoliants 10-14 days prior to treatment.
- No Accutane for at least 6 months prior to treatment
Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 14 days prior to treatment (tans/burns/tanning beds/spray tans).
- Avoid alcoholic beverages 24-48 hours prior.
- Inform us if you have a history of cold sores as prophylactic treatment may be required
- We recommend you start an Arnica supplement 3 days prior to treatment to minimize bruising.
Day Of Treatment:
- Arrive to the office with clean skin without make-up, creams, gels, or lotions on treatment areas.
What To Expect:
- A topical anesthetic will be applied to the treatment area for 40-60 minutes prior to your treatment. Local anesthetic may be injected in some cases as well.
- You may feel tingling, heat, and/or discomfort during the procedure and for the first few hours after treatment, this typically resolves spontaneously.
- Superficial bruising around the eyes or neck may occur.
- Immediately after the treatment most patients will experience a clinical endpoint of redness and slight to moderate swelling for 1-3 days. This may be longer following more aggressive treatments.
- Mild to moderate sunburn sensation and dryness/crusting of skin are common post treatment and typically last 2-7 days.
- Small needle marks may be present for up to 7 days post treatment.
- Avoid touching or applying products to the treatment area for 24 hours (May purchase our Vitamin A,C, and E oil to use during this time if desired).
- Ice packs or cool compresses may be used to soothe the area for small intervals as needed.
- After 24 hours, can apply gentle moisturizer as needed to keep treatment area moist.
- Avoid exercise and high heat situations (hot water, steam, sauna) for 48 hours following treatment.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for at least 48 hours following treatment.
- After 48 hours you can resume light makeup, gentle cleansers, and daily sunscreens without exfoliation.
- Avoid picking, peeling, scrubbing, or exfoliating for at least 7 days while your skin is healing as this may cause scarring. Gently pat to clean and dry your skin.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for at least 14 days following treatment. Use at least 30 SPF if sun exposure is unavoidable.
- Can resume usual skincare routine after 7 days, aside from Retinoids/Retinols which you may resume after 14 days.
- When the skin is healed, use sunscreen when going outdoors to prolong results.
- Avoid blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medications for 7 days following treatment to avoid additional bruising and swelling.
- Feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns throughout this process.